Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

I've been thinking all week about how to begin to share this, and explore the lesson - or what even IS the lesson. This week I was affirmed that I carry a variety of character traits that I perceive to be highly negative - yet it was delivered as a compliment. Initially my ego and self-esteem felt about as big as piece of Nerds candy, and I wanted to crawl in a bed and keep my mouth shut forever. In order to still get paid, that was not going to be an option, so I stayed put and the minutes ticked by and my friends still wanted to hang out even though I looked at myself as a rotten person...hmm so it looks like life is going to keep going and be not so bad...only now I'm acutely aware of some personal things to work on, and the person who helped me figure that out isn't even annoyed. The next day I didn't even feel bad - it was like I had heard the worst possible thing about myself but the other person was not in complete agreement with me.

It appears that:

It's a wacky world and everybody has their own rose-colored glasses on so do what you want and what you think is right.

You have to find a situation where you feel at least a little uncomfortable to be able to grow and find new space in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment