Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011



I don't know how to take a photo of myself, so you will have to tolerate this one of a stranger. But this is what I've looked like at my computer for years and years, basically the entire existence of the computer has enjoyed my bad posture. Not good for your spine, but more importantly is the slew of problems created around your shoulders, which are already the least stable join in your body. Take care of them, yo.





Yoga was what really opened my eyes to how awful my posture was, and how limiting it can be over an extended period of time and for doing anything other than typing. An ergonomics evaluation reinforced that. I even found that my shoulders are hunched for the majority of my time - sitting around with friends, even in bed. The muscles have gotten so accustomed to this position it has become their norm. So there's a good chance that most of you out there have the same debilitating hunched over shoulders and don't even know it! I'm going to take a few posts to break down the parts of the shoulder - even your breathing and confidence can be affected - so we will all know the intricacies of the shoulder region and how to move with care.

No comments:

Post a Comment