Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

I absolutely found the most romantic spot in Bellevue, no, I think anywhere. I dare to make that bold of a statement. Running this morning on the lake-to-lake trail that parallels I-90 for awhile, I passed by two benches set on alcoves of the wooden platform bridges that cut through the Mercer Slough. One bench was directly beneath an on-ramp, and the second was just a few feet in front of it, and the ramp was low enough that you could almost high-five someone leaning out of the passenger window. I wish I had a photo to display this curious situation, but I trust your imagination can handle it: Large wooden bench in the center, freeway on-ramp in the upper left corner, pond scum in the lower right. If walls really could talk, I would love to know how many people have spent more than a passing glance on these two benches.

Bonus about running in Washington! You can stop and eat blackberries when you get tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment