Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

I love saying I'm sorry. I mean, being wrong sucks and I would certainly like to do less of that! Instead I have the mortal truth that hindsight is 20/20 and foresight is, well, not so good. When the time comes up that I actually understand how dumb the thing I did was, I tuck my tail between my legs and offer up any pride or ego I might have been holding onto. I just see apologizing as being one of the most human interactions there is. We are all fallible. But right here - it's you, and me, and we need each other. There are definitely times when it's good to let the strong, forceful emotions like anger and pride go. Just put them aside for a moment, they'll come around again I assure you of that. When I say I'm sorry, I open a door, create an opportunity, and throw away any preconceptions that this is the way my life is. To me what it really says is that I don't know how we got here, but hey let's write a new chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment