Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I've always been afraid of growing up to be like my parents. Mostly because the world has threatened me that that will happen before I even had a chance to think about how I wanted to grow up! As simple children, my sister and I started this revolt early on by mocking our parents' choice in music - Mom is an Indigo Girls fan, and Dad is a Bob Dylan fan. I'm assuming it's obvious why school age girls don't related to Dylan's raspy voice, and as for the Indigo Girls, well, I suppose it's good worldly experience to watch throngs of women not wearing bras kiss each other before you even knew what the word lesbian meant.

Then I got older and became more indifferent - not turned off, yet not totally interested because that's Mom and Dad's thing. That's what they like. I'm a different person so I like different things. Simple logic.

Spotify has given me access to listen to whatever I want without putting any effort into it, so I wound up with an Indigo Girls song, and almost died I loved the lyrics so much! Which led me to remember that Dylan is supposed to be one of the best songwriters of all time...

Maybe Mom and Dad are on to something after all...

How long til my soul gets it right
Can any human being ever reach that kind of light

No comments:

Post a Comment