Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Lately I've been seeing the need to control all over the place. There are two types of control - there is control of the self, and control of the world around the self. The first type of control I admire, the second, I actually feel pity for. Bad, unfortunate things happen. It doesn't matter what you do, they will come. So when I see an overarching fear of these events, and absurd amounts of effort to protect oneself from them, I don't understand. All that results from that effort is that you've made yourself tired and unprepared to deal with the bad luck that will inevitably fall upon you. My apologies if this sounds harsh, because in reality I am quite the optimist and believe that bad eventually flows into even-better-than-before. However, I prefer to face my life head-on, and feel confident that I have the toolkit to deal with my challenges, and if I don't have that toolkit now, well than dammit I'm going to have that toolkit by the time this shit is over with! Make yourself feisty. No one messes with you. Set an example - don't go around pointing and poking and placing things where you think they should be so as not to bug you. Remember all that breathing stuff I wrote about, with your chest tall, and the humbleness of a warrior? Yeah, you probably forgot, but maybe now you'll use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment