Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

I recently read someone's opinion that when a person gives you a book to read, they are asking you to look into their soul. I think it's the other way around - they are looking into your soul! I'm sure there is really a lot of both going on, depending on the people involved, the circumstances, and the book. Soooo that means that recommending books to read to one another is really an exchange on a whole other level. It's not just about a way to pass the time. It's a way to share the human condition.

Now is a great time to give this a go! Gift giving is rampant, people are off work or school, spending time indoors. Ask your friends for a book; they'll probably ask you for one. Just the other day my friend and I were talking about childhood books and found we shared a secret love for the same random tale...maybe you'll find that friendship goes a lot deeper than you thought...

And to all, a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment