Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

While perusing cooking classes this coming December, I noticed that 98% (ish) of them were for cookies and baking and chocolate and other things loaded with sugar! And this was a local, organic, co-op! How in the name of vegetarians is one supposed to stay healthy this holiday season with that kind of inspiration? I'm not saying you should give up treats during the holidays, but personally I crash and burn faster than a crappy paper airplane unless I get some protein and veggies in there too (trust me, I've tried ice cream for breakfast - as Ron Burgundy says, "milk was a bad choice"). So I think it's a good idea to get some tasty Paleo-style recipes in the mix too! If they are tasty enough, you'll look forward to those just as much as the carbo loads.
Here are a few that I found at Epicurious.com:

Kale & Smoked Bacon Salad with Zinfandel Vinaigrette

Sauteed Shredded Brussesl Sprouts with Smoked Ham & Toasted Pecans

Roasted Red Onions with Pomegranate, Orange & Parsley Gremolata

Green Beans with Toasted Walnuts & Dried Cherry Vinaigrette
I think this one sounds super yummy!

Lemon & Prosciutto-Stuffed Pork Loin Roast with Broccolini
Ok, this one sounds pretty damn good too.

Feta Walnut Date Cigars

Chanterelles (or Creminis) with Chestnuts & Pearl Onions

Beet & Tangerine Salad with Cranberry Dressing

Kale & Brussels Sprouts Salad
Yes, it's very green. Get over it. It's good for you.

Savory Pumpkin Pie Soup with Cinnamon Marshmallows, Pepitas Streusel, & Whipped Creme Fraiche
eeee...go a little easy on the toppings, maybe just one or two of them. Lots of fat and sugar, no bueno. But cinnamon marshmallows!!! YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment