Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

When the days starting getting darker, shorter, colder, and a lot less like the tropical island I wish I lived on, I try to remember something in particular to look forward to every day. For example, it's less than two months until the darkest day of the year, and then we're on our way out! No, just kidding, that is a bad example. Pretty much anything that involves counting it yourself can be a bad idea.

So when a day pops up where there is nothing on the looking-forward-to-it agenda, I can see it coming in the morning and force a good thing into the day! Although, as I'm thinking this through, I actually prefer to have a very good thing every few hours...even better, says the healthy hedonist.

Some things rolling around my life that are making me smile:

Attempting to make fried rice tonight
Attempting to put soy egg nog in my coffee (that one was actually a failure because it was too thin but I smiled at myself for thinking soy nog was a good idea)
Favorite yoga classes (where else can you lay down in 85 degree temperatures for 90 minutes for the next 8 months? Plus there's a few other things I like)
Finding friends to drink wine with
Going for a run before work and deciding that it was too dark to be safe, thus ridding myself of guilt for skipping out on early runs for the rest of the dark season
Thinking about New Year's Eve mischief
Doing absolutely nothing after work besides taking a bath and watching a movie
Putting cinnamon on everything
Finding favorite winter clothes from the back of my closet
Reading other people's vivaciously interesting blogs
Holiday parties
More holiday parties
More sleep because it's darker!
Little kids rolling around in jackets that are too big for them
Playing rockband

And a warm winter to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment