Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Today:
Mid-morning interaction with an individual whom I needed help from. Something had come up, which I could not have predicted, he admitted I would not have been able to know about it ahead of time, and he single-handedly could have made things easy for me or really difficult. He chose the latter, and I was kind of worked up and frazzled about it - now I have to inconvenience someone else, be out of the office for a decent amount of time, and spend extra money, all because I encountered someone who was a bad listener and couldn't think for himself.

However, smiles were coming my way, because the aforementioned person to be inconvenienced was a dream come true. He was easy-going, polite, helpful, and patient. I was still upset and having trouble paying for the little parking tickets and he didn't blink an eye or treat me like the dummy I was acting to be. By the end of this interaction, I felt relaxed, calm, and not really worried about it.

My point here is that whenever you can be the easy-going, polite, helpful, and patient person, you just may be turning someone's day around. Someone just did that for me, so maybe tomorrow I will do it for someone else.

FTR: This was not a date.

No comments:

Post a Comment