Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Now that we have discussed the three bones making up the shoulder girdle, you should be able to have a better visualization of what's going on in there. All three of these bones can easily be felt and seen, so it's easy to monitor their movement. When you are are feeling crummy and defeated (anywhere, though this can happen predominantly when seated), it helps to notice where your shoulder bones are, and where they should be. I almost 100% recognize that when I am feeling low or unbalanced, my scapulas have slid up my back, my clavicles collapse in, and my humerus is at attention. If I take the time roll them all out tall and proud, I instantaneously feel stronger. This can also be accomplished by taking big warrior breaths, where you inhale a substantial amound of air, and fill your chest so it rises. When it rises, it almost forces the bones back, and when the bones are rolled back, the chest is open and strong. If you do these things, you will also feel your spine straighten. Hmm, yeah, don't know anyone who doesn't like a straight spine!

No comments:

Post a Comment