Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011




"The healthiest thing I've ever heard of!"
I get the Full Circle Farm produce boxes every week, and it continues to provide me with new and sometimes yes, sometimes not, tasty vegetables. A recent one was celery root. WTF, mate. Is that even edible, you ask? Well, thanks to the gem of an iPhone app, Epicurious, I found a recipe for which I even had all the ingredients, and would provide me, a solo dweller, with food for several days. If you would like to get the exact details, consult Epicurious, it's their recipe. My instructions include sauteeing some carrots, onions, and the celery root (sounds very much like the mirepouix I have recently been introduced to! Tell your friends you are making them a fancy French meal!) and when those are golden delicious, add seasoning, beef broth and lentils. I even had my own soup bone so my broth was au naturale. You can see the glow in my skin as a result of this. I purchased already-cooked lentils from Trader Joe's, so I didn't have to pay attention to making sure they were soft enough. But you should do that. Then when things are simmering well, add your kale! A meal is not complete without a fibrous leafy crunchy green vegetable. Every gastroenterologist will tell you that. And that's all folks. When I brought it to work today, I was rewarded with the above compliment. I know you're probably drooling at the mouth right now and probably on your way to Chipotle instead, but just thought I'd share something so healthy and fulfilling that you're entitled to your cheesecake afterwards.

I considered taking a photo, but it really doesn't do the dish justice, so how about a photo that shows you what it tastes like?

No comments:

Post a Comment