Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

An interesting note on trust...

First I will admit that I am young enough not to be very familiar with the patterns people create for themselves. For most of my life, it has always been assumed that the people I know will turn out okay.

I have now had two people, probably the two people I have been closest to during our friendships, betray my trust in very similar ways. During Episode 2, I consulted with the other party of Episode 1, to see if this person could help enlighten me as to what was going on and how to respond. Our friendship had never fully recovered, and I am not the type of person who lets myself make the same mistakes twice. Here I feel like Alanis Morrissette is singing in the background, because, ironically, my first friend told me this loss of trust was extremely big, and not recoverable for them.

This makes me think twice. And I'm sure it will for the rest of my life.

Is it worth it to be so harsh on someone else, when you might do the same thing, either in the past or the future? You choose to stand by people or you don't. It's important to demand your respect, because respect isn't something that comes and goes. Trust may have its ups and downs, but if you don't take a chance and believe in it, you could lose everything.

For a less diary-like adventure, stay tuned. I am going to the International District Night Market this weekend - very excited to see how similar (or not!) it is to the chaotic night markets in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment