Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ok, time to write again. I was inspired by precisely four things, and since I attended a blogging networking event last week, I am more or less obligated to continue writing. The strongest inspiration is that somehow, (and completely ironically, given that English was by far my worst subject during my years of formal education), I have gotten other writing opportunities because of this blog. The second is that recently I met two lovely ladies who appear to have a genuine zest for life, and spectacular blogs. I'm following both of them, so check our their blogs if you have some extra time. The third reason is that I suppose you could define my current method of income as "sales," and I don't like it. I'm much better at it than I expected, but I don't enjoy it. I don't want to convince anyone to buy anything - I much prefer the idea of living with fewer things. From my personal experience, level of income and number of material possessions are not even remotely correlated with personal happiness. So to help persuade someone that life will be better with said object or experience, is a lie. Time to get back to things I genuinely like doing. And finally, there was a woman on the bus this morning carrying her frozen turkey. I know the big feastival is three days away, but carrying that thing on the bus shows true dedication. How could I not share with everyone this woman's commitment to the cause? I stared at that turkey the whole ride from downtown to Fremont. Riding the bus continues to entertain me - it is being part of a community, and being anonymous at the same time. Alright, I meant to write more, but was distracted by Gchat...what else is new!

Happy holiday travels,
And bring mittens if you intend to carry a turkey any farther than Grocery Store -> Car or Car -> House. Unless you want the Fard staring at you and your fowl for an uncomfortably long amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment