Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

For me, traveling isn't an option. I love it so much, everything about it, that I can't stand the thought of not being able to travel. When I was working in China and evaluating my own personal budget, it became unavoidably clear what a luxury the entire American lifestyle is - not that I am complaining, I recognize the good fortune and enjoy it. The Chinese entrepreneurs who make lunch for the equivalent of 80 US cents can't possibly afford to do the things we can do here.

Which is why I am fully interested in and supportive of this new alliance between Global Partnerships, PATH, and Pro Mujer: Seattle Times article. Combining the efforts of a microfinance institution with a global health organization and another supporting Latin American women brings some powerful resources to the table. I am very interested to see what happens from here on out. Hopefully a lot of people will experience a noticeable increase in quality of life! Other than that, I would actually prefer not to write about it, but just share that this is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment